How to Become a Tutor for the CFSS
The first step toward becoming a tutor in the CFSS is to consider the following job requirements:
- Sophomore standing or higher.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Desire to help other ISU students.
The benefits of tutoring are quite numerous, but the list provided here should help you decide if you wish to pursue a position with us.
- Pay rate starts above campus minimum.
- Opportunity to work in your major/minor area(s).
- Large window of opportunity for work schedules.
- Tutoring locations are conveniently located on campus.
- Excellent work experience for future employment.
Please complete the convenient online application in one of two ways:
1. Print the application blank, fill it out, and then mail it to my campus address.
Center for Student Success
Normal Hall, 134B
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
2. Complete the application on your computer, and then send it as an attachment to my email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutors and prospective tutors must participate in a training workshop before tutoring begins each semester. This workshop covers a multitude of tutoring-related topics from basic skills as a service provider to weekly records-keeping requirements. Additional training, including online training, is required throughout the semester and is condition of employment. These activities are monitored throughout the semester by Tutorial Coordinator.