Advanced Placement (AP)
Students must participate in Advanced Placement (AP) courses and testing at their high schools. Students are responsible for designating their AP scores be reported to Indiana State University.
- For details on the AP Program, visit College Board: AP Central
- For test preparation information, visit: College Board: Preparing
- For approved examinations, credit awarded, required scores, and (if applicable) course equivalents, refer to
For more information, contact the University Testing Office.
Guidelines for Credit Transfer
- Credit earned through the Credit by Exam Program may apply toward graduation or degree requirements or elective hours within individual programs.
- Students do not receive a grade for credit earned through the examinations.
- No credit is awarded in a general examination area if the student has completed two or more college-level courses in that general examination area.
- No credit is awarded in a subject examination if the student has already earned college-level credit in that subject area.
- Students cannot receive duplicate credit. Therefore, it is important for students to plan their academic schedule with an academic advisor.