Indiana State University accepts credit by exam from Excelsior College. The exams are in college subject areas that are comparable to the final or end-of-course exams in undergraduate courses. The American Council on Education recommends a minimum of three semester hours of credit per test. Students must be enrolled in Excelsior College to register for exams.
- For preparation information, visit Excelsior College.
- For a list of Excelsior College courses accepted by Indiana State University, visit Exam List.
Guidelines for Credit Transfer
- Students must obtain their academic advisor's approval prior to registering for any examination to ensure departmental standards are satisfied.
- Credit earned through the Credit by Exam Program may apply toward graduation or degree requirements or elective hours within individual programs.
- Students do not receive a grade for credit earned through the examinations.
- No credit is awarded in a general examination area if the student has completed two or more college-level courses in that general examination area.
- No credit is awarded in a subject examination if the student has already earned college-level credit in that subject area.
- Students cannot receive duplicate credit. Therefore, it is important for students to plan their academic schedule with an academic advisor.