Math Placement Test FAQs
My log-in information is not working. What do I do?
Your user login is your 991 number (included in your admission acceptance letter). Your password is your birth date in the following format: MMDDYYYY
- What are the computer requirements for accessing and completing the test?
For details, visit computer requirements.
- For some reason, I was disconnected while taking the test online. What do I do?
Check your Internet connection and log-in to the Math Placement Test website to continue at the point at which you were disconnected.
- What do I do when the images do not appear on my screen?
Your computer may not have the speed necessary to complete this test online. Please complete the Math Placement Test in an ISU computer lab, your high school (if applicable), or your local library.
- I never received a 991 number. Where do I go to get one?
Please contact Admissions at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or (812) 237-2121. An Indiana State University representative will assist you.
- The test won't load or I'm seeing a blank window when logged in to take the test.
Try a different web browser. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome tend to work best when taking the Math Placement Test.
- I have completed part A, but I can't access part B.
In order to take part B, you must receive a score of 12 or higher on part A. If your score was not high enough to move on to part B, you have completed the test. If you should be able to access part B, please contact University Testing at (812) 237-9634.
- I received a failing score on the test. What do I do now?
There isn't a pass or fail to the math placement test. It provides a way for your advisor to know what math principles you know so they can place you in the math class that is most appropriate for you. Your advisor's goal is to help you succeed by not placing you in a course that is so advanced you may not do well.
- What do I do if I have special needs?
If you are a student with a documented disability who is requesting an accommodation, please contact Student Support Services at (812) 237-7920.
- I am having other difficulties. What should I do?
Please contact University Testing at (812) 237-9634. An Indiana State University representative will assist you.