Spring 2018 Commencement Speaker Guidelines and Application
A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity
Create your five minutes of fame!
Represent your class!
Inspire hope in others!
Be recognized for your accomplishments!
Give your parents something to brag about!
Must be a May 2018 Senior (Undergraduate)
Speech deadline is 4:00 pm, Thursday, March 22, 2018
Speeches must be submitted to the Vice President for Student Affairs Office located in Parsons Hall, room 203 or electronically to: email@example.com
You will want to develop a coherent message in your speech. You may want to consider the following questions to get you started:
- How does earning a college degree enable you to contribute to the world?
- What role does passion and commitment play in academic success?
- What is the enduring value of a collegiate degree?
- In what ways does ISU help to broaden students’ horizons?
- A cover letter, include your GPA
- Most current resume
- Completed Permission to Check and Publicize GPA form
- Completed Program Information Form
Optional: Faculty/staff letter(s) of recommendation can be emailed directly to Lisa McDaniel, Executive Assistant, VPSA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must have a 2.5 GPA, or higher
- When read, speech should be as close to five minutes as possible, but no longer
- Please have an electronic copy ready to upload to submit upon request
- If your speech is chosen to be read before the Commencement Speaker Selection Committee, you will be given a scheduled date and 10 minute time period to read on the following date: March 28, 2018.
Please hold 2:00-5:00pm, as that will be the only time you will get an opportunity to read your speech before the committee.
- The commencement speaker will be chosen and contacted no later than Friday, March 30. (Be sure to have your cell phone number or best contact number and email address on or with your speech.)
Do not hesitate to contact the Vice President for Student Affairs Office if you have any questions:
812-237-3888 or email email@example.com
Office of the Vice President
for Student Affairs
Parsons Hall 203
Indiana State University
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM