Assistant Dean of Students
As the Assistant Dean of Students, Amanda Hobson, is charged with identifying and addressing student needs by providing services to promote academic achievement, personal and professional development and persistence to graduation within the Dean of Students Office and the Division of Student Affairs. These services include but are not limited to: providing direction and intervention for students in emergency and non-emergency situations, coordinating victim services, working with University staff and faculty to resolve student problems; mediating and resolving conflicts; student referrals; directing the Women’s Resource Center and serving as the lead victim advocate for the university.
If you are the victim of a sexual assault, sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking (even if you are not certain), please review the Victim Packet for assistance. You may call the ISU Victim Advocate at 740-590-0247. You may also consider the options listed below.
Here are some basic steps you can take:
- 1. Go to a safe place.
- 2. Consider your reporting options. Your options include reporting the offense to:
- Indiana State University Police
- Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX Director
- Student Counseling Center (confidential)
- Victim Advocate (confidential)
- Complete the Sexual Assault Reporting Form
- Residential Life staff member (such as your R.A. or AHD); and/or
- University staff member (such as the Assistant Dean of Students at 812-237-3829). Campus authorities will assist you to notify law enforcement, if desired
- 3. You may seek medical attention.
- 4. Consider steps to preserve and record evidence.
- 5. You may seek assistance in changing university academic, living, working, and transportation situations, regardless of whether you choose to report the crime to University Police or local law enforcement.
- 6. You may seek an order of protection, a court-ordered no contact order, a restraining order or similar lawful orders from a court of competent jurisdiction.
- 7. You may seek additional help, counseling advocacy, legal assistance and other assistance.
Hulman Memorial Student Union
Indiana State University
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM