Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Awards
The Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Awards annually recognize individuals and chapters for their accomplishments during the previous year. Organization awards are based on the self-assessments each organization submits each semester based on the Standards of Excellence, and recognition is given for achievement and excellence in each category. The highest-scoring chapter in each council is recognized as the President's Cup winner. Individual awards are based on applications, and in some cases, an interview. Individual award applications will open in October and are due in November. The ceremony is held each January to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of the previous year.
If you have any questions please contact Corry Smith, Associate Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Individual Award Descriptions:
- Community Builder Award: given to an individual in each council who has an understanding of the power of community, has demonstrated fellowship within the fraternity and sorority community, and has made efforts to support the principles of the community.
- Professional Development Award: awarded to a student that has taken steps both within the Greek community and in other learning environments to develop skills and competencies that will benefit every aspect of their future.
- Robert Amos Award: scholarship given to a fall male new member with demonstrated need, who exhibits academic achievement, is involved in many activities, and community service.
- Doug Kartje Award: given annually to an outstanding spring male new member in memory of Doug Kartje by his friends and family.
- Neo of the Year Award: given to a new member of the National Pan-Hellenic Council who has demonstrated a strong sense of fraternal values and has made a positive impact in their chapter and the council.
- Emerging Leader Award: presented to a male and female sophomore who have shown leadership within the community.
- Emma Truitt Award: scholarship given to an outstanding junior Panhellenic member who has demonstrated outstanding scholarship and significatn contribution as a studnet leader.
- Mark Williams Award: scholarship given to an outstanding junior fraternity member who exhibits leadership contributions and scholarship excellence through involvement in fraternity, campus, and community activities while maintaining strong scholarship records.
- Member of the Year Award: the highest honor awarded to a member of the community is given to one individual in each council based on quality of leadership within the chapter, contribution to Fraternity & Sorority Life, involvement in campus activities, scholarship, career achievement, and general excellence in a variety of endeavors.
- President of the Year: selected by members of the FSL staff and given to an outstanding chapter president in each council.
- Legacy Medal of Distinction: awarded to outstanding seniors who have blazed the trail for others on campus to follow through community service, scholarship, leadership, and a fraternal bond
- Advisor of the Year: selected by members of the FSL staff and given to an advisor in each council that give to the chapter in developing service, leadership, new member education, and scholastic achievement.