Miss Ebony Scholarship Pageant
Welcome to the Indiana State University Miss Ebony Scholarship Pageant. Miss Ebony is open to all women who understand that this is not a “beauty pageant” but a program that allowed women to showcase their broad range of qualities: personal interview, formal interview wear, talent, and the ability to speak with confidence, poise, and grace. Women in this pageant are intelligent, talented, and accomplished.
uAllows women to showcase their broad range of qualities: personal interview, formal interview wear, talent, and the Ability to speak with confidence, poise and grace. Women in this pageant are intelligent, talented, and accomplished and are seeking ways that assist them in pursuing their life goals educationally and professionally.
Miss Ebony Scholarship Pageant provides ways to assist women in pursuing their educational goals.
2021 Miss Ebony Scholarship Award
Application open until 11:59pm on September 13, 2021
- Must be a currently enrolled female student at Indiana State University
- Must have a high school (entering freshman only) or undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing at Indiana State University
- Private Interview (25%) - Contestants will wear an outfit that reflects their personality and should be age appropriate
- Interview Attire (15%) - The clothes you wear affects all your attitude and confidence levels
- Talent (35%) - Contestant may choose any talent(s): Singing, dancing, dramatic monologues, playing instruments or a monologue, etc.
- Evening Attire (20%) - Contestants are evaluated how well it suits (e.g., fit, color, style) as well as the their on-stage presentation
- On-stage Question (5%) - Contestant will be asked one question during the competition
- 1st Place - Miss Ebony - $1,500 scholarship
- 2nd Place - $750 scholarship
- 3rd Place - $500 scholarship
- Miss Congeniality - Selected by fellow contestants
- Audience Choice - Based on donations collected for selected platform
- Talent Award - Highest score awarded duirng pageant
- CJ Scholarship Award - Mr. Cedric Jones
- Slocums Scholarship Award - Dr. and Mrs. Aaron Slocum
If you have any questions, please contact us at ISU-MissEbony@indstate.edu.
Miss Ebony 2020 Planning Committee
TiOnna Hendricks, Chair
Eryn Jenkins, Miss Ebony 2019
Tiffany Reed, Co-adviser
Elonda Ervin, Co-adviser
Miss Ebony Contestants 2019
Hulman Memorial Student Union
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Resource Center Hours
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM