Social Justice Certificate Program
Coordinated by the Office of Multicultural Services and Programs, University College in conjunction with the Career Center
Social justice is the assertion of the ideal that all humans should have the same rights and opportunities. From access to healthcare to safe spaces to live, social justice aims to level the playing field and eliminate discrimination. There are four interrelated principles of social justice: equity, access, participation, and rights.
The ISU Social Justice Certificate Program is a self-paced, comprehensive program designed to encourage and recognize student leadership education and experiences at Indiana State University. The program is adaptable so a variety of students can work toward completing this certificate.
Social Justice Issues
- Sexual Orientation
- Mental or Physical Ability
The ISU Social Justice Certificate Program Outcomes
- Demonstrate skills for engaging and addressing issues of diversity and social justice.
- Understand the power dynamics associated with difference and dominance/oppression, and their impact on human functioning and social relations within and across diverse groups.
- Understand how structural inequities in society are shaped by historical, psychological, social, and political factors.
- Demonstrate awareness of oppressive assumptions, biases, and prejudices that facilitate a stance of dominance, as well as identify where these biases, prejudices and assumptions rest in institutions.
- Develop methods for continuing this life long process of recognizing our biases, learning how to change oppressive systems, and building a more socially just, equitable multicultural society
Social Justice Certificate Program, Apply here!
Submission of Each Section
To submit completed work for EACH section, go here
- Please use this link to submit proof of completion for Sections A, B, C & D
- This means that you will come back to this link each time you have completed a section
Students participating in the ISU Social Justice Certificate Program will find all certificate information on the Office of Multicultural Services and Programs, University College, and Career Center website. Participation and completion will be tracked and monitored by the Office of Multicultural Services and Programs.
The Office Multicultural Services and Programs will meet with the student and verify that the requirements are completed.
The Career Center will process the certification and note it on the student’s Co-Curricular Record. The Career Center, University College, and Office Multicultural Services and Programs will jointly issue the ISU Social Justice Certificate.
For more information, please contact ISU-MSP@indstate.edu or call 812-237-8513.
Hulman Memorial Student Union
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Resource Center Hours
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM