You are here
Campus Life - Leadership
The Office of Campus Life provides a wide range of leadership development opportunities are available to students. These include:
- Leadership Certificate Program
- Sycamore Leadership Coalition
- Leadership workshops
- Student Organization Training
If you have any questions about leadership development, please contact Ben Kappes.
Leadership Certificate Program
The Office of Campus Life, in conjunction with the Career Center, invites students who are interested in practicing and improving their leadership skills and abilities by being an active student leader at Indiana State University to complete the Sycamore Leadership Certificate Program. Completing the certificate program will assist students in addressing the following:
- Demonstrating leadership and team/organization development skills
- Highlighting developmental outcomes of each leadership experience
- Transitioning to leadership and group roles within a work or applied environment
- Becoming familiar with curriculum and theory-based leadership development models
- Building a university-certified record of leadership skill development and application
The focus on these areas bolsters competencies required for effective leadership as outlined by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (www.cas.edu): Foundations of leadership, personal development, interpersonal development, and development of groups, organizations, and systems.
Sycamore Leadership Coalition
The Sycamore Leadership Coalition is the freshman leadership program sponsored by Student Government Association. Members of the SLC are the top incoming freshmen with the goal of getting themselves involved in SGA and the university. It is completely student-run and will allow those involved to create and run events that interest them while benefiting the ISU community. The experience that students get their first year will allow them to be more successful in their college career and other student organizations.
Contact Student Government Association in HMSU 621 for more information.