Party Smart Home
The information on this website is intended for adults of legal drinking age and is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute medical or legal advice and no such advice should be inferred. By providing this information, Indiana State University is not supporting, condoning or encouraging the consumption of alcoholic beverage in excess or any other form of alcohol use or abuse. Indiana State is not and will not be liable for any loss, injury or other damage that occurs as a result of the use of this website or reliance on its content.
Creating a Safe Sycamore Experience!
At Indiana State University, we understand that students, faculty, and staff sometimes like to blow off some steam and go out with friends, celebrate a Sycamore victory, or just relax after a demanding week of classes and/or work. And we also understand that alcohol will sometimes be a part of these celebrations. PARTY SMART SYCAMORRRES is a program designed to identify ways to consume alcohol REASONABLY, RESPONSIBLY, and RESPECTFULLY in order to decrease the negative incidents that sometimes accompany alcohol use.
- No binge drinking--pace yourself for safety.
- Decide before going out how many drinks you plan to have.
- Set limits and stick to them.
- Eat snacks throughout the party or night out.
- No driving after drinking.
- No walking alone.
- Stay with your friends or people you know.
- Always help a person who has had too much to drink.
- Be mindful of your environment, both physical and social.
- No fighting or hurting others.
- No littering; place all trash in proper receptacles.
- No destruction of property.