Student Complaint and Grievance Information

A student who believes that his or her rights have been violated by a faculty/staff member or by another student, should attempt to resolve the matter by informally discussing the situation with the person(s) involved. If this is not possible or undesired, they may utilize the procedures outlined throughout this website.

If a complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the institution’s grievance procedure, the student may file a complaint with agencies outside the institution. For additional information, go to the “External Agency” page within this website or visit Indiana State Online.

Any student may file a report with the University Police Department when they feel a violation of criminal law may have occurred.