You are here
2020 Election Resources
- Positive Psychology
- Time Management
- Virtual Self-Help Pamphlet Collection
The Virtual Self-Help Pamphlet Collection features virtual self-help pamphlets from counseling centers all over the country. A virtual pamphlet put out by another university may refer to services available only to students at that university. Indiana State University students should contact SCC.
Relaxation, Stress Relief, and Anxiety Management
MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT TOOLS
EATING DISORDER ASSESSMENT
DRUG AND ALCOHOL ASSESSMENT
POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER (PTSD) ASSESSMENT
When Should I Refer a Student to SCC?
As an advisor, mentor, professor, resident assistant, or staff person students may seek you out as a source of support.
Personal hints to help you decide when it's time to refer:
- The student's struggles leave you feeling helpless.
- Your best efforts are not adequate support for the student.
- You may feel unable or uncomfortable with providing extensive support.
- You feel like you have reached your limit or have exhausted your ideas on how to help.
- You have doubts as to what may help the student.
- You feel increasingly anxious and pre-occupied about the student's struggle.
- You feel angry or intimidated by the student's comments or behavior.
- You are spending large amounts of time on the student's issues.
- The student's issues are too close to home for you, making it hard to get and keep perspective.
Some additional tips on referring:
- Share with the student your interest in them and in their well-being.
- The choice to seek our help is usually up to the student.
- Discuss with the student what they might expect when they meet with a therapist at SCC.
- Give the student the option to call SCC from your office.
- Ask the student if he or she would like you to make the call to SCC while they are with you or if you can accompany them to the SCC office; if you are willing.
- If you can, provide the student a name of someone specific at SCC to talk with.
- Referring to SCC can help the student begin to help him or herself.
- College Transition Checklist
- Culture Shock
- Depression Awareness
- Graduate Student Survival Tips
- Recognizing and Managing Stress
- Student Counseling Center
- Time Management and Organization
- Wellness Tips
MOBILE APPLICATION RESOURCE DIRECTORY
- Mental Health Advice
- Personal Progress Tracker
- What's Up***
- Depression CBT Self-Help
- Mind Tools
- Mood Tools
- Depression Tracker and Diary
- How Are You? Mood Tracker
Anxiety & Panic
- CBT Referee
- Stop Panic and Anxiety Self-help
- Self-help Anxiety Management
- Pacifica Stress and Anxiety
- Worry Box
- 12 Steps Companion
- Quit Smoking
- Smoke Free
- ACT Companion
- Stop Breath and Think
- Relax Melodies: Sleep and Yoga
- Head Space
- Live OCD Free
- Mindfulness Meditation
- VGC Mindfulness Coach
- The Mindfulness App
- Mindfulness Bell
- Meditation Music
- OM Meditation
HEALTH AND NUTRITION APPS
- My Fitness Pal
- Health and Nutrition Guide
- Restaurant Nutrition
- Calorie Counter
- Google Fit
- My Fitness Pal
- 30 Day Fitness Challenges
- Couch to 5k