Student Employment Job Fair Student Information
Friday, August 23, 2019
Hulman Memorial Student Union, Dede II and III
1 – 4 PM
What students can expect from the Student Employment Job Fair
- Approximately 30-40 employers who represent:
- on-campus departments who hire students with and without Federal Work Study
- off-campus community service agencies (non-for profit) who hire Federal Work-Study eligible students only
- Information about specific jobs available during the fall semester and possible openings for the fall and spring semester
- Opportunity to learn more about Indiana State University, Student Employment Programs, the Career Center, and Terre Haute’s non-profit organizations that are active in the community and who need support from Indiana State University students!
Expectations of students who attend Job Fair
- Clean, neat appearance that will make a positive first impression on the employers in attendance.
- No jeans, T-shirts, flip-flops or shorts
- Knowledge of your Federal Work Study eligibility, if you are unaware of your Federal Work Study eligibility Financial Aid will be present at the fair to check eligibility status only.
- Your resume, if you have one.
- Open mind
- about who you want to work for
- about the kind of job(s) you are looking for
Features of the Job Fair
Table talks will be going on throughout the afternoon in the Art Gallery Lounge next door to Dede II & Dede III. Topics include:
- How to apply for a job on ATS
- Sycamore Career Link Overview
- Interview Tips
- Resume Tips
- Dress for Success
- Career Services Overviews
Please contact Brianne Karazsia for questions about the Student Employment Job Fair.
Student Employment Programs Coordinator
Indiana State University