Meet with Financial Aid early! Knowing how much aid you receive can direct your destination choice and can save a lot of headache and heartache in the long run. Students are encouraged to check out the ISU Financial Aid website for types of aid and eligibility criteria.
Most financial aid applies to the cost of a student’s Study Abroad program.
If you wish to use your ISU financial aid to assist in paying for your study abroad experience, you should begin by verifying you have completed a FAFSA.
Make sure you have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file for the current/approaching academic year.
- Students are encouraged to complete a FAFSA by the deadlines listed here.
- After completing your FAFSA, and having a destination in mind, please speak with a financial aid counselor.
- Sign up for direct deposit for refunds
- Set up your Proxy Access so the Office of Student Financial Aid can speak with your family members about your financial aid for your trip.
- If you are going abroad in the Summer, make sure you submit a Summer Aid Request Form.