Indiana State Sycamore Spirit Squad Tryouts
Indiana State Sycamore Spirit Squad is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year.
To try-out for the Sycamore Spirit Squad all applicants must submit a completed application package containing all of the following items. This MUST be RECEIVED in the ISU Athletics Department by 4:00(est) pm on June 25, 2021:
- The Spirit Squad Application form: hard copy by mail. Emailed copies will not be accepted.
- A current photograph, taken within the last 6 months and has not been altered by software such as Photoshop or other similar programs: hard copy by mail. Emailed copies will not be accepted.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation:
- One of the letters must be from your most recent high school coach (not your all-star coach).
- The second letter may be from an adult who has worked with you in a supervisory capacity: hard copies by mail. Emailed copies will not be accepted.
- A current video demonstrating the applicant’s proficiency in basic skills: YOU NEED TO ONLY SUBMIT ONE VIDEO PACKAGE. CHOOSE EITHER TO CONCENTRATE ON CHEER OR DANCE, NOT BOTH!
- Is your background in DANCE? Submit a 30-60 second video of you PERFORMING a high energy, upbeat combination. You may include tricks, turns and skills you have at a high level of accomplishment. You may additionally include videos of your advanced skills in dance.
- Is your background in CHEER? Submit a 30-60 second video of you PERFORMING a high energy, upbeat Cheer Dance. You may include tumbling skills you have at a high level of accomplishment. You may additionally include videos of your advanced tumbling skills.
- Jumps – DEMONSTRATE A MINIMUM OF THREE DIFFERENT JUMPS: Toe Touch with proper execution; Right and Left side Hurdler, Ring Jump, C Jump
- Submit videos by email. ONLY videos can be submitted by email. You MUST include the name on your application in your email with your videos.
HARD DEADLINE FOR ALL OF THE APPLICATION PACKET: June 25, 2021 at 4:00 pm EST.
Submit your videos by email to:
Your hard copy submissions (Spirit Squad application, photo, two letters of recommendation) by USPS to:
Indiana State University
Department of Athletics
Attention: Tammy Shike, Spirit Squad Coach
401 North 4th Street, Arena 110G
Terre Haute, IN 47809
You will be notified by July 5, 2021 if you have been chosen to continue the tryout process with an ON CAMPUS tryout. Time and date TBA. YOU MUST ATTEND THE ON CAMPUS TRYOUT IN PERSON IN ORDER TO CONTINUE THE TRYOUT PROCESS. FAILURE TO ATTEND WILL NECESITATE WITHDRAWL OF THE APPLICATION. On-campus tryouts will be held for those selected from the submitted applicants. All applicants will be notified if they are selected to attend the in-person, on-campus tryouts. Only those submitting complete and timely applications will be considered for on-campus tryouts.
AFTER THE On-campus tryout: There will be an extensive interview before the final roster is determined.