You are here
Computer Engineering Technology (CET)
The Computer Engineering Technology program at Indiana State University prepares students for careers as technical professionals in an environment that requires a practical, problem-solving approach. The course work emphasizes hands-on skills with modern productivity tools (e.g. design, analysis, control, diagnostic, and project management tools).
The Computer Engineering Technology undergraduate program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Below are the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation:
PEO 1 Be employed in Computer Engineering Technology related field(s)
PEO 2 Communicate well, think creatively, and work effectively independently and/or in teams
PEO 3 Continue education and professional development
PEO 4 Demonstrate ethical, social, and professional responsibility
Student Outcomes (SOs)
Below are the Student Outcomes (SOs) that describe what graduates are expected to attain by the time of graduation:
(1) an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
(2) an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
(3) an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
(4) an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
(5) an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Our graduates obtain professional positions in a variety of areas, including: computer applications in industrial processes, computerized manufacturing, instrumentation and controls, technical sales, and field service.
A few of the employers who hire our graduates include: Rockwell Inc., Tagleef Industries Inc., Crane Navel Depot, Delco Electronics, Hewlett-Packard, Lily Pharmaceutical, ELANCO, Merck Chemical, New Castle Engineering, Duke Energy, Siemens Corporation and ZF-TRW.