ISU President’s Collaboration & Innovation Award, Internal Category, was presented in Fall 2015 to the College of Technology and the Scott College of Business in recognition of accomplishments by the Tech Express Café and the Executive Express Café. Funding was provided to expand the collaboration. In the spirit of the award, collaboration continues to develop with the following organizations:
Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO)
Business Engagement Center
- Collaboration & Innovation Initiative: (print flyer)
- Professional Development: several workshops intended to strengthen leadership practices and lead to more effective teamwork, communication and problem solving.
- Resources: online resources to aid students in developing awareness, idea generation, professional skills, and networks.
- Spark Innovation Seminar: designed to encourage students to find and pursue their passion through engaged learning and development of an entrepreneurial mindset. November 16, 2016, 1-5 pm.
- Student Competition: “Put Your Product Out There” is open to all ISU students to pitch their products for the opportunity to have them sold in the Cafés. The purpose of this competition is to encourage innovative minds to be more resourceful and to pursue their passions by combining their technical and professional skills. Competition entry deadline is Oct 1, completion Oct 15, winners announced Oct 31Winners will present their pitch at the Spark Innovations Seminar in November.
- Innovation in the Cafés: infrastructure and operations enhancement with addition of signage, shelving, and equipment; student engagement experimenting with new ways of operating the enterprise.