You are here
Graduate (Master's & Certificate) Admission Requirements
Students are encouraged to apply early to ensure admission. Applications received after the following deadlines may be "wait-listed" pending an opening:
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: November 1
Students have the option of completing this program on the Indiana State University campus—or via distance learning. On-campus visits are not currently required.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree granted by a regionally accredited institution
- Have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 in all undergraduate course work; OR have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all courses taken at the graduate level.
- The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is NOT required.
- Apply online only
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges previously attended. To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from your previous college to: Indiana State University, Graduate Admissions, 318 N 6th Street, Terre Haute, IN, 47809.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters may originate either from academic or professional references. Letters should support the applicant's motivation and ability to perform academically at the graduate level. Referees may also comment on an applicant's academic preparation and career goals, and how graduate work in HRD fits with those goals. Referees names and contact information will be noted on the online application.
- One-page statement of intent, a written statement of the applicant's reasons for entering the HRD Program. Statement should be attached to online application.
- International applicants also must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or provide equivalent evidence of language proficiency.
Once admitted, students receive notification from the University as well as their University ID number needed to activate their Sycamore login on the MyISU Portal. The Portal offers access to online registration, University records, and other important University services, including e-mail, and University announcements. Log-on instructions are located on the Portal site at http://isuportal.indstate.edu