You are here
- Click Here for an overview of advising in University College.
- All new first-year students entering Indiana State University will be assigned an academic advisor in the University College. After the first year of course work at Indiana State University, students in good academic standing with at least 24 earned hours will transition to their academic college for advising.
- Once a student transitions to their academic college for advising, they may be served by either a professional advisor or faculty advisor.
- All students are strongly encouraged to communicate with their academic advisor regularly to ensure they stay on track and on-time for graduation.
Your UC Advisor
- UC advisors help students navigate their first year at State. Your UC advisor will help you understand your degree map, make plans for course registration, and connect you with campus and community resources to help ensure you create a solid foundation for success!
- You can find who your assigned UC advisor is by logging into your MyISU Portal. Choose the Student Self-Service badge and you’ll find your advisor’s information in the bottom left of the screen.
- Advisor assignments are finalized after the 5th day of classes each semester but you’ll hear from a UC advisor starting about a week after you attend New Student Orientation. Be sure to check your Sycamore email account daily as your UC advisor will be in contact with you regularly!
- Click here to make an advising appointment.
- To add to the high level of service we provide students, the University College provide an Advisor On-Call daily, Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM.
Examples of issues and concerns the Advisor On-Call may assist with:
- Quick and easy-to-resolve advising issues
- Students in need of academic or personal support resources
- Withdrawing from the University immediately
Examples of issues and concerns which the Advisor On-Call should not address (though the Advisor On-Call will help the student schedule an appointment with their assigned UC advisor at the first available time):
- Registration appointments
- Required monthly meetings due to a student’s academic standing
No Advisor On-Call will be scheduled during the times in which the University College is seeing all students on a walk-in basis (last day to register; last day to drop; week of freshman priority registration; finals week).
Normal Hall - Room 207
Phone: (812) 237-3940