Frequently Asked Questions
When can I start using my meal plan?
You can use your meal plan starting on Friday, August 16th in Sycamore Banquet Center, Lincoln Dinning, and the Commons. Meals are at various times throughout the day. Current hours of operation and more information is available on Campus Dinining's webpage..
When can I go to the Student Recreation enter?
- You can access the Student Recreation Center (SRC) starting on Friday, August 16th during open hours. You can view their webpage for hours of operation and more information about intramural sports, club sports, and GroupX classes.
Are all Fall Welcome events mandatory?
- While Fall Welcome events are not mandatory, some of them are important and vital for your success here at State, especially during the weekend before classes begin. We encourage you to attend these events, as they will help in making ISU feel like a home away from home. Please view the Fall Welcome schedule for a full list of events and descriptions.
But I’m a commuter student, do I have to attend Fall Welcome events?
- We understand that driving to and from campus when you don’t have class sounds like a buzzkill. As a commuter student, it can be difficult to feel like you apart of the Sycamore community and know what is happening on campus. These events serve as a great opportunity to meet other students and learn more about what STATE has to offer. Please view the Fall Welcome schedule for a full list of events and descriptions.
What if I’m a transfer student, do I really need to attend Spring Welcome events?
- While Fall Welcome events are not mandatory, some of them are important for your success here at State. We encourage you to join us for the events as they provide information for students who are new to State. Plus, there will be plenty of prizes to win and giveaways to grab, so you wouldn’t want to miss a chance to meet new people and grab some swag. Please view the Fall Welcome schedule for a full list of events and descriptions.
Do I need a parking permit to park on campus?
- Yes, if you are planning to park on campus, then you should purchase a parking permit. It is recommended that you purchase a parking permit online. There is a $15 charge for permits that are purchased in the office. Please note that there are a variety of permits available for different types of lots. Parking services will provide maps with information about where to park on campus.