You are here
Psy.D. Applying for Admission
PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING TO THE PSY.D. PROGRAM
All application materials should be submitted electronically when completing the online application for graduate study at ISU.
In addition to the online application for graduate study at ISU, there two forms that are specific to application to the Psy.D. program and must be downloaded below. Please save these forms, complete them, and upload them during the online application process.
The Psy.D.-specific forms include: a separate Application for Admission for the Psy.D. program and a Personal Statement form. Please follow the instructions below for applying to the Psy.D. program.
Download the following forms:
- Complete the Application for Admission: Psy.D. Program form. Be sure to complete all fields. Enter scores for all GRE administrations. Save the completed application.
- Complete our Personal Statement form. You can either type your personal statement directly into the form, or paste your statement into the form. Be sure to specifically state why you have chosen to apply to the Psy.D. program at ISU. Save this form after completion, so that you can submit it during the online application process.
- Explain to your references that they will be receiving an email from the ISU College of Graduate and Professional Studies requesting that they submit a letter of recommendation. Please ensure that your references expect to receive this request; it will be sent to your references immediately upon completing the application.
- Complete the online application for graduate study at ISU. Be sure to submit the following items when completing your online application:
a. Your Application for Admission to the Psy.D. program
b. Your Personal Statement form
c. Your vitae
Enter all required information. Have the email addresses for your references available at the time that you are completing your application as you will need to enter them on the online application form.
6. Official transcripts for all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to the following address:
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. GRE scores are to be sent directly to Indiana State University from ETS. The Institution Code for ISU is: 1322. The Clinical Psychology Code is: 2001.
8. International students seeking to apply to the program, please also refer to the following link: http://www2.indstate.edu/graduate/international-degree.htm
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Dr. Kevin Bolinskey, Chair of the Psy.D. Admissions Committee, Kevin.Bolinskey@indstate.edu or Emilie McFaddin, Student Services Assistant, Emilie.McFaddin@indstate.edu.
Applications for the Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) for the Fall 2018 cohort will be accepted between September 1, 2017 and December 5, 2017: ALL MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE. Enrollment is only accepted for the Fall semester.