Internet Site Access and Use
Terms and Conditions Governing Access and Use of the Indiana State University Internet Site
The Indiana State University Internet site is maintained by Indiana State University as a service to individuals and the educational and business communities who use the Internet. Access to and use of the Indiana State University Internet site are subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and all applicable laws. These terms and conditions may be revised or updated by Indiana State University.
1. Copyright: All content in the Indiana State University Internet site is copyrighted. No material may be distributed, downloaded, modified, reused, reproduced, reposted, retransmitted, disseminated, sold, published, broadcast, circulated, or otherwise used except as expressly stated either in such materials or in this notice without the express written permission of Indiana State University. For permission to reproduce copyrighted materials, contact the Indiana State University Office of Communications and Marketing at
2. Use: The purpose of this website is to provide information and services related to Indiana State University's programs and services. All materials are provided solely for personal, institutional, or demonstration non-commercial use.
3. No representations: Indiana State University attempts to keep the contents of this site accurate and current, but makes no warranties or representations in this regard. Visitors and users therefore agree that all access to and use of the Indiana State University Internet site is at the user's sole risk. Neither Indiana State University, its directors, officers, employees or agents, nor any other party associated with Indiana State University shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or other damages arising out of or relating in any way whatsoever to the access, use or inability to use the Indiana State University Internet site or any services provided by way of that site, or to any errors or omissions in the content hereof. Users and visitors specifically waive any and all claims they may have against all of the foregoing entities and individuals arising out of or relating to access to or use of this site. These web pages provide general information as a courtesy to viewers. The Catalog of Indiana State University (General Information, The Undergraduate Catalog, The Graduate Catalog) is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.
4. Trademarks: The trademarks and other indicia of Indiana State University (PDF) are documented here in an Adobe PDF document. Requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. No use of any Indiana State University trademark is permitted without express written consent from Indiana State University. Manufacturers wishing to place an Indiana State University logo or trademark on an item for resale need to contact Licensing Resource Group (www.lrgusa.com), 442 Century Lane, Suite 100, Holland, MI 49423; phone – 616/395-0676; and fax – 616/395-2517. Microsoft, Windows, and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Macintosh is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
5. Linking to the Indiana State University Internet site: Permission is hereby granted to third parties to link directly to the Indiana State University Internet site, provided the following conditions are met: A. Links shall be from sites related to the content and purpose of the Indiana State University Internet site, and shall be for the purpose of promoting said content to, or providing direct access for, Indiana State University constituencies. B. Websites desiring to include a copy of the Indiana State University logo, or any logo representing Indiana State University programs or services, with their link should contact the Indiana State University Publications Department at 812-237-3730 for relevant permissions, necessary copyright information and copies of appropriate graphics. Indiana State University reserves the right to withdraw the permissions given herein upon determination that any or all of the above-stated conditions have not been met, or that additional circumstances lead Indiana State University to conclude, in its sole discretion, that a given link is not in accordance with the business, educational purposes, or best interests of Indiana State University.
6. Links from the Indiana State University Internet site: Indiana State University provides links to other websites for informational purposes only. Indiana State University is not responsible for the content in other sites, and links from the Indiana State University website to other sites are not intended to imply endorsement of them by Indiana State University.
7. Privacy Statement: Indiana State University's policy is to collect only that information about its website visitors which is expressly provided and which will allow Indiana State University to better serve the needs of its students and visitors. Personal information is not shared, rented or sold outside the University unless expressly stated on the web page on which the information is gathered. Use of the Indiana State University website, including terms used in its search feature, may be monitored to help improve website content development, however tracking is in aggregate only, and is not associated by individual user or IP address.
8. Nondiscrimination Statement: Please refer to Indiana State University's Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.