Inorganic Chemistry, Materials Chemistry
B.S., 2004, Chemistry, University of Science & Technology of China
M.S., 2007, Chemistry, University of Science & Technology of China
Ph.D., 2012, Inorganic Chemistry, University of California-Riverside
2015-2018 School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University
2013-2015 Materials Science & Engineering Department, University of Washington
Phone: (812) 237-2233
Dr. Zuo is interested in the rational design of new materials that have customized properties appropriate for the desired applications. One area of research involves doping chemistry to modulate the band structure of inorganic semiconductor oxides, leading to variable optical and electronic properties. These materials will have uses in solar energy conversion, especially for applications in outer space. Another avenue of research involves the design of efficient catalysts for clean energy production and recycling of greenhouse gases. Using state-of-the-art facilities, Dr. Zuo’s group is working to optimize catalyst efficiency and investigate the reaction mechanism.
1. H.-T. Zhang, F. Zuo, F. Li, H. Chan, Q. Wu, Z. Zhang, B. Narayanan, K. Ramadoss, I. Chakraborty, G. Saha, G. Kamath, K. Roy, H. Zhou, A. A. Chubykin, S. K. R. S. Sankaranarayanan, J. H. Choi, S. Ramanathan “Perovskite Nickelates as Bio-Electronic Interfaces” Nature Communications 2019 10, 1651.
2. F. Zuo, P. Panda, M. Kotiuga, J. Li, M. G. Kang, C. Mazzoli, H. Zhou, A. Barbour, S. Wilkins, B. Narayanan, M. Cherukara, Z. Zhang, S. K. R. S. Sankaranarayanan, R. Comin, K. M. Rabe, K. Roy, S. Ramanathan “Habituation based Synaptic Plasticity and Organismic Learning in a Quantum Perovskite” Nature Communications 2017, 8, 240.
3. F. Zuo, S. T. Williams, P. W. Liang, C. C. Chueh, C. Y. Liao, A. K. Y. Jen “Binary-Metal Perovskites Toward High-Performance Planar-Heterojunction Hybrid Solar Cells” Advanced Materials 2014, 26, 6454-6460.
4. F. Zuo, K. Bozhilov, R. J. Dillon, L. Wang, P. Smith, X. Zhao, C. Bardeen, P. Feng “Active Facets on Ti3+ Doped TiO2: An Effective Strategy to Improve the Visible Light Photocatalytic Activity” Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2012, 51, 6223-6226.
5. F. Zuo, L. Wang, T. Wu, Z. Zhang, D. Borchardt, P. Feng “Self-Doped Ti3+ Enhanced Photocatalyst for Hydrogen Production under Visible Light” Journal of the American Chemical Society 2010, 132, 11856-11857.
Jennifer Inlow, Chairperson
Department of Chemistry and Physics
600 Chestnut Street
Science Building, Room 035
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Office: Science 035
Office: Science 165
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM