Eligible Sycamore Technology Award students: please monitor your Sycamores e-mail account for information on your new Dell laptop.
Freshman Scholarships 2021-2022
Listed below are scholarships for entering freshmen who will begin their studies in 2021 and enroll as full-time students each semester (minimum of 12 credits). Online-only and returning Indiana State University students are not eligible for these freshman scholarships. To receive first consideration for many scholarships, students must be admitted to Indiana State University by December 1.
- President's Scholarship
- Center for Leadership Development Scholarship
- Gongaware Scholarship
- Networks Scholarship
- Rural Health Scholarship
- University Honors Scholarship
- Warren M. Anderson Scholarship
- Sycamore String Quartet Program Scholarship
- President's Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Creative and Performing Arts Award
- Sycamore Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
All incoming freshmen who are admitted to the University by the deadline will be automatically considered for these scholarships. No additional application is required. For details, including deadlines, follow the links below.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Academic Distinction Scholarship
- Academic Merit Scholarship
- Child of Alumni Textbook Scholarship
- Engineering Scholarship
- Illinois Student Scholarship
- Incentive Scholarship
- International Scholar Award
- Kentucky Student Scholarship
- Midwest Achievement Scholarship
- Midwest Consortium Scholarship
- Ohio Student Scholarship
- 21st Century Scholars Housing Scholarship
- 21st Century Scholars Textbook Scholarship
Transfer Scholarships 2020-2021
Listed below are scholarships for entering transfer students who will begin their studies in 2021 and enroll as full-time students each semester (minimum of 12 credits). Please read the scholarship descriptions on this site carefully for details.
Open to Students Entering Fall Semester
- Ivy Tech Accelerated Program Scholarship
- Online Transfer Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- Transfer Illinois Student Scholarship
- Transfer Incentive Scholarship
- Transfer International Scholar Award
- Transfer Kentucky Student Scholarship
- Transfer Midwest Consortium Scholarship
- Transfer Ohio Student Scholarship
- Transfer President's Scholarship
Open to Students Entering Spring Semester
Deadlines vary by award.
International Scholar Award
2021-2022 International Scholar Award Information:
- $5,000 a year
- Renewable for up to three additional years
- Admission deadline: July 15 for fall and Dec 15 for spring
- Requirements (listed below) must be satisfied by July 15 for fall and Dec 15 for spring.
- An unlimited number of International Scholar Awards are given each year.
- Open only to international students who are not fully sponsored or receiving a reduced tuition rate.
- Not open to United States citizens or permanent residents, online-only students, or returning ISU students
- All incoming freshmen who are admitted to the University by July 15 for fall or December 15 for spring will be automatically considered for this scholarship. No additional application is required.
For consideration, candidates must have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
To view the rules and regulations governing this scholarship, see rules and regulations.
To apply for admission to Indiana State University, see international admissions.
Indiana State University offers a variety of scholarships for Indiana State University students, including talented and deserving sophomores, juniors, and seniors. These scholarships are available through individual colleges and academic departments such as Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Health and Human Services, Nursing, and Technology. To view scholarship opportunities, visit The Branch.
Accepting an Indiana State University Scholarship
For instructions, visit Accepting Your State Scholarship.
Renewing an Indiana State University Scholarship
Students who receive Indiana State University scholarships should read these rules and regulations.
The appeal process varies by award term. Search for “Appeal” in The Branch and select the appropriate reinstatement term.
- Laptop Return Policy: In accordance with the Laptop Award rules and regulations, students who do not maintain enrollment for two consecutive semesters, which consists of attendance through the first full week of classes of the second semester, must return the awarded laptop.
- Fall 2020 Sycamore Technology Award and Software Acceptance Agreement
Indiana State University has a long and proud history of community service. We highly encourage all of our students to give back to the community. This commitment to service is why we ask some of our top scholars to complete and record community service hours as a part of their scholarship requirements. To learn what constitutes community service or how to log hours, refer to these community service instructions.
- List of outside scholarships
- Scholarship search tools and resources
- College Ave’s Guide to Scholarships for College Students
- Procedures for reporting outside scholarships