Required training includes Responsible Conduct of Research and Biosafety Complete Training.
To access these and other training modules you will need to go to CITI - Collaborative Institutional Training Inititive at http://about.citiprogram.org/en/homepage/
Once there click "Register" as a new user and enter "Indiana State University" under affiliate. DO NOT sellect "Independant Learner Registration". Create your profile selecting a user name and password. DO NOT use your ISU credentials as CITI is a third party training resource. Add courses as needed or recommended. ISU students and faculty who are paid by the grant must complete the following modules - Conflict of Interest, Group 1 Biomedical, Introduction to Biosafety, NEW Responsible Conduct of Research.
Student and Faculty MOU
Students who are supported by the program and their faculty advisors discuss and sign the BD4ISU Student and Faculty MOU.
For students coping with personal challenges, ISU offers "Sycamores Care". This campus wide program offers support to help cope with all areas of your personal and student life. We encourage you to access this program.
Please click on this link http://www.indstate.edu/student-affairs/sycamores-care to learn more about the services offered. You may also click here http://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?IndianaStateUniv&layout_id=3 to complete the referral form for yourself or someone you know in need of support.
Programming and Lab Training
Students in the program receive training in programming and lab work through their coursework and workshops offered during the summer and academic year. For the R Programming course, see http://cs.indstate.edu/bd4isu/
Students working for BD4ISU should have the following programs installed on their computers. If being issued an ISU laptop, these will need to be installed by OIT or installed by the student in the Technology Support Center so OIT can enter credentials to approve.
- R Programming Language - download
- Rstudio Programming Environment - download (must install R Programming Language first, choose Free version of Rstudio [aka Rstudio Desktop])
- Putty Terminal Program - download
- WinSCP File Transfer Program - download
- Python Programming Language (python3) - downloads
- A text editor you use for programming - vim, emacs, kate, atom, VS code, eclipse, sublime - whatever you normally use
- Acrobat Reader - download
- Microsoft Office desktop applications, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Teams, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook - free for ISU students, faculty, staff
- Web Browsers - Chrome and Firefox
- VirtualBox - download
- Zoom desktop client - download
- For installing software at home - https://indstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1851/Portal/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=24349