You are here
Note from Director
Welcome to your spot at Indiana State University! We are thrilled that you have chosen to become a Sycamore and we look forward to welcoming you to the neighborhood over the next four years.
Our Commitment to You:
It's our job to create a sense of home for you, and to help you learn, excel, and grow as people, as students, and as young professionals. We also want to make sure that your living environment is safe and comfortable and helps to support your academic success. As part of our commitment to you, we promise to:
- To role model a passion for community living and the development of you as a student.
- To demonstrate at all times ethical and professional behavior in our work with you.
- To show strong financial stewardship of the resources you have provided us through your room and board dollars.
- To be responsive to the needs of our community through the sharing of timely information, open communication, a desire to listen to feedback, and an openness to make changes based on your feedback.
- To communicate our expectations for living in our community to you as a student, to your parents and families, and members of our own staff and faculty.
- To strive to create a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community where all members of our community are celebrated. We promise to be advocates and allies in the important work of overcoming barriers and oppression to create a more inclusive and just global society.
- To develop mutually beneficial relationships with our campus partners that lead to opportunities to connect what you are learning inside the classroom with your lives outside the classroom.
- To promote sustainable behaviors around the triple bottom line (social justice, environmental sustainability, and financial sustainability).
- To regularly assess and evaluate our programs and services in an effort to continuously improve our program and services.
Our Expectations of You:
We expect each member of our community to:
- Take responsibility and ownership for your own experience.
- To strive to be successful academically, personally, and professionally.
- To your fellow community members.
- To recognize, respect, accept, and appreciate individual rights and differences in people, ideas, cultures, and identities.
- To explore your own sense of self.
- To be civil in your communication and to work out differences in a manner that demonstrates respect for yourself and the person with whom you are having a conflict.
Our Dream for You:
It starts with a dream.
and it becomes a belief.
and it becomes a part of life.
and it becomes a goal in sight.
Add patience and time,
and it ends
with a dream come true.
By Zoe Zantamata
Please contact me or any other Residential Life team member if you have any questions or concerns. Our primary role is to support your success.
Welcome to the Neighborhood! Welcome to Your Spot!
Amanda R. Knerr
Executive Director, Residential Life
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telephone Residential Life: (812) 237-3993 or toll-free (888) 824-3920
Residential Life Office
218 N 6th St.
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Fax: (812) 237-8525
Residence Hall Front Desk Numbers
Blumberg (812) 237-2420
Cromwell (812) 237-2354
Rhoads (812) 237-6222
Mills (812) 237-5999
Burford (812) 237-5371
Pickerl (812) 237-6111
Erickson (812) 237-3031
Sandison (812) 237-2068
Hines (812) 237-5666
Jones (812) 237-5777
Lincoln Quad (812) 237-5888
500 Wabash (812) 237-5990
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Telephone UA Office: (812) 237-2443
University Apartment Office
Box 107 201 Crawford Street
Terre Haute, IN 47807
Fax: (812) 237-4943
UA After Hours Duty Line: (812) 229-2041
Sunday - Thursday 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Weekends 24 hours
Holidays 24 hours