Occupational Safety Management (Accelerated M.S.)
Indiana State University offers an online accelerated master’s degree program in occupational safety management that prepares individuals for managerial positions in industrial safety.
This accelerated (4+1) program enables eligible safety management majors to start their master’s in occupational safety management during their senior year. Upon completing their undergraduate degree requirements, a bachelor of science will be awarded at the end of their fourth year. A minimum 3.0 GPA is necessary to move to graduate student status. The master’s in occupational safety management will be conferred at the end of the fifth year upon successful completion of all degree requirements. (See degree map.)
- The Occupational Safety Management Program provides a broad foundation of theoretical and practical knowledge of safety administration. Content areas include systems safety, human factors engineering, program management and evaluation, safety law, and policy analysis. Thesis and non-thesis options are offered.
- Graduates possess the skills and methodologies of problem solving and analysis that are critical for sophisticated planners and managers in the private and public sectors of occupational safety and health. Employment opportunities are usually found in manufacturing, construction, retail, utility, petrochemical industries; federal, state, and local government agencies; insurance companies; the military; labor unions; consulting firms; and health care facilities.
- All courses are offered online. Campus visits are not required.
- The Occupational Safety Management Program is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The programs are also open to students in Canada (all provinces). The programs are closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. and Canada except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Note: The University also offers a traditional online master of science in occupational safety management for individuals who have already completed their bachelor’s degree and now want to earn the master’s degree. An online bachelor of science in safety management degree is also offered.
To be eligible for the accelerated master’s program, individuals must meet the following requirements.
- Must be majoring in safety management at Indiana State University
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must complete a minimum of 96 credit hours of the undergraduate safety management requirements by the end of the junior year
Individuals (including future and currently enrolled students) who are interested in this program must contact the University’s Department of Built Environment at (812) 237-3532 or firstname.lastname@example.org Advisors offer one-on-one assistance to help students select the degree program best suited to their educational background and career goals.
Individuals must not apply for admission until they have spoken to a departmental advisor, who will help determine eligibility for the program.
Financial Aid & Assistance
Graduate students may be eligible for federal student loans if they are admitted into graduate degrees (or first-time teacher certification programs) and meet other eligibility requirements. Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Private alternative loans can help students pay college expenses that may not be covered by federal loan programs or other financial aid. For more information, visit financial aid.
In addition, students may be eligible for payment plans and veterans benefits.
For further information and assistance, contact:
The Graduate Catalog and Undergraduate Catalog of Indiana State University are the documents of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalogs supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.