You are here
Resume and Interview Skills for Veteran Students
Translating Military Experience into Civilian Employment/Resume Building:
- The skills you developed as a service member are truly valuable and in high demand, but describing those skills to a prospective employer can be difficult. For instance, you may have trouble communicating without using military jargon or are unsure of how to bridge the culture gap that exists between military and civilian workplaces. There are four steps you can take to translate the military experience to civilian employment, and a wide range of resources at your disposal to make the transition as smooth as possible.
- How to Repackage Military Skills on a Resume to Attract Civilian Employers:
- What skills are employers looking for?
- What qualities do employers look for in candidates?
Veterans Virtual Career Fair
- Annual recruiting event every October! Full-time jobs, internships and co-op positions open to all U.S. veterans worldwide with College and University level education. Registration and participation for veterans is free.
Military Background Qualities to Highlight on a Resume:
- Ability to carry out work with minimal supervision
- Skilled in high pressure situations
- Technical skills (if applicable)
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication abilities
Sample Interview Questions