You are here
Tips for Advising International Students
- Build relationships by expressing curiosity and interest about educational and cultural differences.
- Foster sense of belonging by promoting social engagement and encouraging leadership development.
- Connect students to learning opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Recognize and support multiple dimensions of a student’s identity (nationality, gender, sexual orientation, etc.) especially during periods of transition.
- Normalize students’ experiences and encourage them to seek support services.