Dr. Marcee Everly
- D.N.P. - Nursing, University of Colorado - 2015
- M.S. - Nurse Midwifery, University of Colorado, Health Sciences - 2002
- N.D. - Nursing, University of Colorado, Health Sciences - 2001
- B.S. - Preprofessional Biology; minor in chemistry, University of Nevada at Las Vegas - 1993
Awards and Honors
- Dr. Lemen Faculty Excellence Award - 2014
- Charlotte Zietlow Endowment Women Faculty Research Grant - 2009
- Charlotte Zietlow Endowment Women Faculty Research Grant - 2009
- 2010 University Research Committee, Round 2, Research Grant Award - 2010
- As I am a Certified Nurse Midwife, my favorite content to teach is women's health, obstetrics/maternal health, and newborn care. However, I also enjoy helping our final semester graduates prepare for the transition from student to professional nurse.
- Facilitators and Barriers to Independent Decisions by Midwives during Labor and Birth - Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health - 2012
- The Role of the Midwife in Promoting Healthy Birth Outcomes - Hassan I University, Casablanca - 2014
- Confessions of Untenured Chairs - The Academic Chair - 2017
- Multigenerational Challenges: Team-Building for Positive Clinical Workforce Outcomes - The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, Silver Springs, MD - 2016
- Transition from Community Instruction to University Academe - The Department Chair, Hoboken, NJ/Wiley - 2017
- Mom-101: A novel smartphone app for educating pregnant women and their families. American College of Nurse Midwives 62nd Annual Meeting and Exhibition, 2017.
- The Role of the Midwife in Promoting Health Birth Outcomes in Rural Communities. First International Symposium of Education and Research Strategies to Reduce Morocco Infant Mortality, 2014.
- When Faculty Downsizing and Student Success Collide. The Academic Chairpersons Conference, 2018.
- Multigenerational Challenges: Team Building for Positive Clinical Workforce Outcomes. 19th Global Nursing Education Conference, 2017.
- Clinical boot camps:Confidence, peer coaching and success. 14th Annual Nursing Faculty Development Workshop, 2018.
Contract, Fellowship, Grant or Sponsored Research
- Grant: ISU Faculty Conference Travel Grant - ISU Community Engagement 2018 - 2018. Funded - $750
- Grant: NCLEX-RN Success Plan - AHEC 2016 - 2017. Funded - $15,000
- Women's health, androgogy/pedagogy, high-fidelity simulations, teaching and learning methods.
- Role: Member - University Research Committee 2017 - 2022
- Role: Member - Academic Department Chairpersons Revision 2014 - 2015
- Role: Commencement Banner Carrier - 2014
- Role: Commencement Banner Carrier - Commencement 2014 - 2014
- Role: Member - Parents and Families Committee, University Initiatives 2009 - 2015
- Role: Reviewer, Journal Article - Clinical Simulations in Nursing 2016 - 2016
- Role: Committee Member - AMCB Certificate Maintenance Program Committee 2008 - 2016
- Role: Committee Member - American College of Nurse Midwives 2001 - 2017
- Role: Committee Member - ACNM Certification Council 2003 - 2007
- Role: Committee Chair - Indiana Eventing Association 2017
- Role: Board Member - Indiana Eventing Association 2013 - 2016
- Role: Other - - United States Pony Club (children’s educational non-profit organization) 1999 - 2002
Dr. Everly completed her Master’s and Doctorate education at the University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, in Denver, Colorado. Dr.Everly is Department Chair and Associate Professor in the Department of Baccalaureate Nursing at the Indiana State University. Her research interests include perinatal complications, patient satisfaction with midwifery care, out-of-hospital births, using high-fidelity simulations in nursing education, and teaching methods. Awards Dr. Everly has received includes the Dr. Lemen Faculty Excellence Award from the College of Health and Human Services, Excellence in Nursing Leadership from Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, and the Zietlow Women Faculty Research award from Indiana State University. Dr. Everly is a committee member of the Certificate Maintenance Program for the American Midwifery Certification Board. She has active membership in the American College of Nurse Midwives, Sigma Theta Tau, National League of Nursing, and the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties. Dr. Everly lives in Terre Haute, IN with her husband.
Doctor of Nursing Practice, 2015, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
Doctor of Nursing, 2001, University of Colorado,Denver, CO
Master of Science Nursing, Nurse Midwifery, 2002, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
Bachelor of Science, Preprofessional Biology, Minor in Chemistry, 1993, University of Nevada at Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
Fairchild, R, Everly, M, Bauer, R, Walters, L, & Anderson, L (2013) Rural Nurses’ Continuing Education Needs: A U.S. Multi-site Survey Reveals Challenges and Opportunities. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 3(6), doi:10.5430/jnep.v3n5p45
Fairchild, R, Everly, M, Bozarth, L, Bauer, R, Walters, L, Sample, M & Anderson, L (2012) A qualitative study of continuing education needs of rural nursing unit staff: The nurse administrator's perspective, Nurse Educ. Today, doi:10.1016/j.nedt.2012.05.023
Everly, M (2012) Facilitators and Barriers of Independent Decisions by Midwives during Labor and Birth. Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health, 57(1), 49-54
Everly, M (2012) Are Students’ impressions of improved learning through active learning methods reflected by improved test scores? Nurse Education Today, doi: 10.1016/j.nedt.2011.10.023
Everly, M (2009) Review of Assessment Made Incredibly Easy, 4th Edition. Doody’s Review Service (on-line). Available: http://www.doody.com
Everly, M (2009) Review of Assessment: An incredibly easy workout. Doody’s Review Service (on-line). Available: http://www.doody.com
Primary Investigator, “High-Fidelity Simulations versus Case Studies in Maternal Nursing Education: which is more effective as a learning tool?” (IRB #10-034), 2010-2011
Primary Investigator, “Decision Making of Nurse Midwives: Does location have an effect?” (IRB #9105), 2009-2011
Co-Investigator, “West Central Indiana – Area Health Education Center Assessment of Continuing Education Needs of Professional Nurses and Nursing Staff in Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities” 2009-2010
Primary Investigator, “Comparison of patient satisfaction with care from Certified Nurse Midwives in hospital settings to Free-standing birth center settings” (IRB#8104), 2007-2009
Co Primary Investigator, “Perinatal Complications in Post-term Pregnancies”, 2000
Co Investigator, “Community Health Assessment of Crowley and Otero Counties”, Colorado, 1999
Research Assistant, “School Aged Girls Who Have Witnessed the Abuse of their Mothers”, 1998
-Ivy Tech Community College, Nursing Programs, Community Advisory Board, member 2012-2014
-Indiana Eventing Association (state nonprofit organization), Board of Directors member 2011-2013
-United States Pony Club (children’s educational non-profit organization), District Commissioner, volunteer/sponsor, Indiana, 2002-2014
-United States Pony Club (children’s educational non-profit organization), volunteer/sponsor, Colorado, 1999-2002
-9 Health Fair Volunteer, Denver, Colorado 1998, 1999, 2000
-The Horse Protection League (non-profit equine rescue), Board Member, volunteer, Denver, Colorado 1997-2000.