You are here
Family Orientation is designed to provide you with the information and resources needed to help support your student in their transition to Indiana State. We encourage you to view the below videos prior to your Family Orientation program date, in order to learn more about the services and resources available to your student. When your student registers you to attend Family Orientation, you will receive more information in your email about your virtual or in-person Family Orientation program.
We encourage students to bring an adult guest to our in-person programs, as we offer a Family Orientation track that runs concurrently with the student program. Due to space and health precautions, students should limit to 1–2 adult guests.
Please remind your student to register family members and supporters for Family Orientation. This will allow you to receive important communication and details regarding orientation programs.
- All students must attend orientation to register for their first semester of classes. Program date options are located in their New Student Dashboard.
- Students will meet with an academic advisor to register for classes during State Orientation.
- Summer start first-year and transfer students must attend the summer start State Orientation in May.
- Fall start first-year students should attend a two-day State Orientation program in June. Very limited dates are available in July and August for first- year students who are admitted after June.
- Spring start first-year students will attend an in-person one day program in January.
- Transfer students starting in either spring or fall will have options to attend a one-day, on-campus program or a virtual program.
- All International students (first-year and transfer) will attend a two-day State Orientation program in either January (spring start) or August (fall start).
A non-refundable New Student Orientation fee, set by the Indiana State University Board of Trustees, covers costs for State Orientation, State Welcome, and other first-year services and programs. This fee will be assessed on your student’s first tuition bill after they register for State Orientation. They do not need to pay it up front, but they are responsible for the fee once they make their NSO reservation. If they do not attend their registered program date and fail to cancel their reservation prior to the start of the program, they are still responsible for paying the fee.
New Student Orientation fees:
- New undergraduate first- year student: $125
- New international undergraduate first- year student: $125
- New undergraduate transfer student: $45
- New international undergraduate transfer student: $45