Sycamore Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
2021-2022 SURF Scholarship Information:
- $2,500 * award for fall semester
- Fifteen (15) awards available
- Not renewable, but funded research positions may be available for subsequent semesters
- Admission deadline: February 1
- Requirements (listed below) must be satisfied by February 1
- Open to Indiana and out-of-state residents
- Not open to international, online-only, or returning ISU students
- All incoming freshmen who are admitted to the University by February 1 and meet the criteria listed below will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarship application (coming soon) must be submitted by February 15. Application opens October 1.
- To be awarded this scholarship, students must be entering ISU in the fall semester.
The Sycamore Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) enables students to participate in hands-on research alongside faculty. To be eligible for consideration, students must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA and 1000 SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math) or 19 ACT (composite).
* Students selected for this award will enroll in a special section of UNIV 299, guaranteeing them a semester-long research experience. In addition, students could have opportunities for continued research during the summer between their freshman and sophomore years.
To view the rules and regulations governing this scholarship, see rules and regulations.
To apply for admission to Indiana State University, see apply.
Note on combining scholarships: Students who qualify for the SURF Scholarship may qualify for other awards. For details, see combining.