You are here
Math Tutoring Lab
M-F 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
424 North 7th Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809
phone (812) 237-2130
fax (812) 237-4296
The Math Lab
"Our mission is to provide a judgment-free environment that encourages students to build their confidence and view learning math as positive and rewarding."
Currently, the Math Lab serves students in lower division math or quantitative literacy courses. These courses include: MATH035, MATH102, MATH112, MATH115, MATH116, MATH123, MATH129, MATH131, MATH132, MATH241, AHS240, and ENVI240.
- To provide a safe, productive work space that encourages engagement.
- To be an open and reliable resource where students feel comfortable seeking help from peers and professionals.
- To encourage the professional growth of all who work here.
Math Lab Hours:
- A Math Lab team member will greet you upon arrival and direct you where you should sit to receive help for your course. It is expected that you work on math content only while visiting the lab.
- When visiting the lab, a team member will take your 991 (student ID) number to sign you in/out for your time. You should have your ISU student ID card with you to show the staff member.
- Masks that meet CDC requirements are required in the building and the lab. This should cover your nose and be tight to your chin (like Sycamore provided masks). Masks with valves are not permitted.
- Please follow the In & Out door signs to the lab as these will be one-way doors.
- You should bring cleaning supplies to wipe your area before and after use.
Online Tutoring For Fully Distance Students:
To schedule an appointment, please email ISU-MathLab@indstate.edu. You should include:
- Your Instructor Name, Course, and Section (for example, Jessica Markle, Math 241-301). You can find your section number listed with your course on Blackboard.
- Three times, or windows of time, that you are available for tutoring (for example, MW 12-1 PM EST, Weekdays after 2 PM EST) — Be sure to include your times in Eastern Time.
A math coach (tutor) trained in your content area will respond to your email to schedule a personal tutoring appointment with you. You will be provided a Zoom virtual meeting link with your scheduled appointment* as well as a “How-To” guide.
You should come prepared to your appointment with your class notes, material, and problems that you would like to ask specific questions about to help your understanding. You will have the ability to share your screen to show problems from a learning platform (i.e. Blackboard, MyMath/MyStatLab, Hawkes, Newton, Wiley, etc.) and also file share (to share an assignment document or pictures of your work). A math coach will be glad to help guide you through your problem solving to help you master the content!
* Showing for your scheduled appointment more than 10 minutes late will be recorded as a “no-show” for the appointment and you will need to reschedule. Please notify the coach that emailed you your appointment if you need to cancel.
The Math Lab Closures for the Fall 2020 Semester:
- Sunday, September 6th and Monday, September 7th for Labor Day
- Friday, October 9th and Sunday, October 11th for Fall Break
- Sunday, November 22nd – November 29th for Thanksgiving Break
Any questions may be directed to ISU-MathLab@indstate.edu. Please include (1) your first and last name and (2) the course you are taking and instructor. A Math Lab team member will reply to your email.