You are here
Math Tutoring Lab
M-F 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
424 North 7th Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809
phone (812) 237-2130
fax (812) 237-4296
The Math Lab
"Our mission is to provide a judgment-free environment that encourages students to build their confidence and view learning math as positive and rewarding."
- To provide a safe, productive work space that encourages engagement.
- To be an open and reliable resource where students feel comfortable seeking help from peers and professionals.
- To encourage the professional growth of all who work here.
Online tutoring for Summer 2020 will be available to you beginning Tuesday, May 26, 2020. This is a free resource available through this course and brought to you by The Math Lab. Math coaches on staff with The Math Lab are hired to assist you with your course content via appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please email ISU-MathLab@indstate.edu. You should include:
- Your Instructor Name, Course, and Section (i.e. Jessica Markle, Math 241-301). You can find your section number listed with your course on Blackboard.
- Three times, or windows of time, that you are available for tutoring (i.e. MW 12-1 PM EST, Weekdays after 2 PM EST)— Be sure to include your times in Eastern Time.
A math coach (tutor) trained in your content area will respond to your email to schedule a personal tutoring appointment with you. You will be provided a Yuja virtual meeting link with your scheduled appointment* as well as a “How-To” guide. If you are not familiar with Yuja, please utilize the following resources.
- Requirements for YuJa: https://indstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1851/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=98625
- How-to Join a YuJa Video Conference: https://indstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1851/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=98656
- YuJa Vide Conference Tool Bar: https://indstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1851/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=98660
You should come prepared to your appointment with your class notes, material, and problems that you would like to ask specific questions about to help your understanding. You will have the ability to share your screen to show problems from a learning platform (i.e. Blackboard, MyMath/MyStatLab, Hawkes, Newton, Wiley, etc.) and also file share (to share an assignment document or pictures of your work). A math coach will be glad to help guide you through your problem solving to help you master the content!
* Showing for your scheduled appointment more than 10 minutes late will be recorded as a “no-show” for the appointment and you will need to reschedule. Please notify the coach that emailed you your appointment if you need to cancel.
The Math Lab will be closed for the following days:
- Monday, May 25, 2020 in observation of Memorial Day
- Friday, July 3, 2020 in observation of Independence Day (since Independence Day falls on the weekend)