You are here
Freshman New Student Orientation
Freshman New Student Orientation is a one-day program specifically for student entering college for the first time. Students will gain a basic understanding about the university and their academic major, get their student ID, and register for their first semester coursework.
To register for New Student Orientation, please follow the instructions below.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Admissions, toll-free at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or 812-237-2121, or email email@example.com.
All students will be assessed a fee on their first e-bill for New Student Orientation.
Register for New Student Orientation
Students must log-in and register for a date. ;To register for Orientation, follow these three easy steps (you will leave this page, and must return to complete registration):
1. Activate your Sycamore Login (isuportal.indstate.edu):
- Your 991 (Student ID Number) can be found on your letter of admission from the Office of Admissions or your invitation to New Student Orientation.
- Note the detailed requirements when choosing your password.
- Once your login is activated, it will show you what your username is. Keep both your username and password in a safe place. You will use this often throughout college. Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit.
2. Register for New Student Orientation using your new Sycamore Login and password:
- Click here to register »
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your new Sycamore Email Account
3. Check your Sycamore Email that can be accessed at isuportal.indstate.edu.
If you’re having difficulty registering for orientation, please call the Office of Admissions, toll-free at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or 812-237-2121, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.