You are here
Freshman New Student Orientation
Freshman New Student Orientation is a one-day program specifically for student entering college for the first time. Students will gain a basic understanding about the university and their academic major, get their student ID, and register for their first semester coursework.
Register for New Student Orientation
Registration is currently open for students starting in January 2016. Registration for students starting in August 2016 will be available in April 2016.
To register for Orientation, follow these three easy steps:
1. Activate your Sycamore Login (Student Portal): isuportal.indstate.edu:
- Your Student ID Number (991 number) can be found on your Letter of Acceptance from the Office of Admissions or your invitation to New Student Orientation.
- Note the detailed requirements when choosing your password.
- Once your login is activated, your username will be displayed. Keep both your username and password in a safe place. You will use this often throughout college. Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, Sycamore Sam's Sycamore Login may be ssam17. Sam's full email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Come back soon to register.
3. Access your Sycamore Email and check it often.
If you’re having difficulty registering for orientation, please call the Office of Admissions, toll-free at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or 812-237-2121, or email email@example.com.
All students will be assessed a fee on their first e-bill for new student orientation. No fees are due when you register for orientation.