You are here
ISU Mentoring Center Learning Outcomes
ISU Mentoring Center: Four Core Focus Areas
1. Student Retention: Increase graduation rates and semester-to-semester retention
2. Academic Success: Assist students in defining and achieving their academic goals while at Indiana State University
3. Professional, Academic, and Personal Development: Support students setting goals for growth and development, actively seeking out opportunities to learn, and engaging in self-reflection on their development
4. Cultural Humility and Responsiveness: Promote a commitment to learning about others’ cultures, responding to others in ways that are respectful of and responsive to their cultural contexts, and reflecting on and self-awareness of how one’s own cultural context impacts their beliefs, values, etc.
Learning Outcomes for Mentees:
- Mentees will identify and utilize academic support and campus resources.
- Mentees will demonstrate a sense of belonging.
- Mentees will develop social and interpersonal skills.
Learning Outcomes for Mentors:
- Mentors will demonstrate an understanding of what it means to be a mentor.
- Mentors will establish personal professional relationships.
- Mentors will demonstrate leadership skills through practice and feedback.
Cunningham Memorial Library
510 N 6 1/2 Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Phone: (812) 237-3052
Mentoring Center Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8 AM – 8 PM
Friday 8 AM – 5 PM