You are here
Graduates from the Indiana State University Department of Theater are prepared for careers in theater, teaching, and more! Our alumni have gone on to work in the theater and live entertainment industry, start their own theater companies, teach theater at the secondary and collegiate levels, pursue graduate degrees, and work internationally. Some job titles alumni hold include:
- Media Server/Virtual Production Engineer on The Mandalorian, Marvel Studios
- Lighting Programmer, RuPaul's Drag Race, RuPaul's Drag Race UK, RuPaul's Drag Race UK Versus the World
- Stage Manager, Carnival Cruise Line
- Costume Coordinator, Houston Grand Opera
- Stage Manager, Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Associate Director of Education, INDYPROV
- Co-host, Journey Indiana, Indiana Public Media
- Resident Artist & Production Manager, Double-Edge Theatre
- Stage Manager, Indianapolis Children's Museum
- Lighting Designer, College Park Church
- Programming Director, Monument Theatre Company
- Managing Director, Georgia Shakespeare
- Chief Operating Officer, Claude McNeal Productions
- Scenic Fabricator, River City Scenic
- Technical Director, Meadow Brook Theatre
- Resident Production Stage Manager, Company Manager, General Manager, Gulfshore Playhouse
- Managing Director, Long Beach Playhouse
- Properties Artisan, Indiana Repertory Theatre
Many other alumni work as professional actors, playwrights, directors, designers, and producers.
We are proud of the accomplishments of our alumni! Some recent accomplishments include:
- Stage Manager won First Place in the Southeastern Theatre Conference 2022 Stage Management Games
- Actor/Playwright won Best Performer in a Steaming Musical for Seeger: A Multimedia Solo Show by the 2021 BroadwayWorld Indianapolis Awards
- Sound Designer won Best Sound Design of A Play or Musical for Clue, produced by Crossroads Repertory Theatre, by the 2021 BroadwayWorld Indianapolis Awards
- Playwrights published in Particular Return, a collection of plays produced at Crossroads Repertory Theatre/ISU Summer Stage, published by Chalk and Fire Publishing Company (2021)
- 2019 Finalist, America's Got Talent
- Star of Team Marco, produced by Samuel Goldwyn Company
- Director participant, Lincoln Center Director's Lab, New York City
Are you an alumnus with an accomplishment, award, or good news you would like to share? Send an email to Alicia Jay to have your accomplishment added here!
Alumni and Friends Facebook Group
Whether you were a major, minor, undergraduate student, graduate student, in a show, a part of Summer Stage/Crossroads Repertory Theatre, or attended shows, we want to connect! Please join the Alumni and Friends Facebook group and keep in touch!
The College of Arts and Sciences has alumni mentors that students can connect with.