You are here
How to Apply for Scholarships
After you are admitted to Indiana State University, or if you are a current student, visit The Branch. Here you can fill out one application for all of the theater scholarships and the many, many more ISU has to offer. The deadline for scholarship applications is March 1st, so apply now!
The Department of Theater is pleased to be able to offer the Creative and Performing Arts scholarship to admitted students. You must apply to ISU and be admitted before you may apply for the scholarship. If you have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in high school, you are eligible to apply. The scholarship awards a minimum of $3,000 per year for all four years of your college career--in other words, a minimum of $12,000! This award can be added to any other scholarship(s) (except the President’s Scholarship) that ISU may offer you.
Requirements for this scholarship include:
- Must be a freshman with a declared Theater major,
- Have a minimum of 2.5 grade point average (GPA) in high school,
- May receive this annual scholarship for a maximum of four years, and
- The recipient must also audition or interview for the scholarship.
- Acting: Perform a prepared, memorized monologue.
- Design/Tech: Present your portfolio.
- Playwriting, Directing, or Dramaturgy: Present a sample of your writing and talk about your experiences in theater production.
- Theater (general): Prepared an audition or present a portfolio or writing sample.
To apply for this scholarship, you must complete the application form at this link. You will be asked to log into the site with your Sycamore Login and password (which you were given when you were admitted to ISU).
If you have any questions about the scholarship or would like to arrange for an audition/interview, email Julie Dixon. We would love for you to visit the department and see what makes the Indiana State University Department of Theater so special. We look forward to hearing from you, and are excited to welcome you to ISU!
There are many scholarships for theater majors! Theater majors become eligible for further scholarships, awarded yearly on the basis of merit in a number of theatrical fields.
Beck Endowed Scholarship in Theater
- Recipient shall be a sophomore, junior or senior, (2) Shall be a theater major or minor, (3) Shall have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale, (4) Must have financial need.
- Bonus for Excellence in Theatre
- Recipients must be undergraduate theater majors and/or speech majors with a “B” average and activity in theater.
- David G. DelColletti Scholarship
- Recipient must be enrolled in the ISU Department of Theater with a focus in the area of technical direction or lighting design, (2) Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- David & Kyle M.E. Del Colletti Scholarship
- Recipients must be enrolled in the Indiana State University Department of Theater with a focus primarily in the area of technical direction, lighting design, or theater management, (2) Must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Fred and Mildred Crapo Scholarship in Theater
- Recipients must major in theater, (2) Criteria shall be potential or demonstrated talent in one or more areas of theater.
- Jack & Virginia Carpenter Bradbury Fine Arts Scholarship
- Eligible students will be: (1) An Indiana State University student (2) Majoring in art, music, or theater, (3) Demonstrated financial need, (4) A student that has a minimum 2.5 grade point average, (5) Indiana resident.
- Jeff Wolz Memorial Scholarship
- To recruit and/or maintain superior quality students who are, or will be, declared majors in theater. Criteria shall be potential or demonstrated talent in one or more areas of theater.
- Joan Utterback Award in Theater
- Recipient shall be a student majoring in theater.
- Karen Drake Memorial Scholarship
- Eligible students will be: (1) An outstanding theater student interested in design and/or technical production, (2) 2.5 grade point average, (3) Preference for a student of lighting design/ production.
- Lilith Baur Children's Theater Memorial Scholarship
- Recipients must be a student majoring in theater, (2) Have financial need, (3) Be at least a sophomore, (4) Be a student in upper half of class. *May apply for renewal.
- Nancy Sauer Endowed Scholarship
- Recipient must be a full-time student with a declared major in theater, (2) Preference given to students with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale.
- The Emery Becker Theater Design and Technology Memorial Scholarship
- The intent of Victor and Susan Becker, parents of the late Emery Becker ’15, is to provide scholarships to students pursuing a degree in Theater Design and Technology in the College of Arts and Sciences. As a tribute to Emery, they would ask that selected scholarship recipients emulate the characteristics of their son. These characteristics include a passion for life, a passion for theater, a passion for photography and technology, and a love for all people. Preference for this scholarship will be given to the recipient of the Emery Becker Emerging Technology Award annually.
- Eligible students will display a passion for theater technology and respect for all people. Must be pursuing a degree in Theater Design and Technology. Recipients shall write a letter of appreciation to the donors, which shall serve as their official notification of acceptance.
- Theater Angel Scholarship in Memory of Diana Stewart
- Recipient shall be a full-time student with a declared major in theater, (2) Minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, (3) Demonstrates excellence in theater performance and/or production.
- Thelma Biddle Nolte and Elmer J. Biddle Memorial Scholarship in Theater
- Scholarship for a theater student in good standing at ISU.
- Tom and Helen Headley Scholarship
- Must be a deserving student demonstrating activity and excellence in the theater program of the Department of Theater.