You are here

Transfer Guidelines

Transfer Guidelines and Plans

Indiana State University accepts credit from regionally accredited college and universities within the United States, and from selected schools located outside the United States. Credit also may be granted for military training and experience.

General Guidelines on Credit Transfer

  • Credit earned from regionally accredited colleges and universities is transferable.
  • Transfer credit is assigned only for courses at the 100 level (or above) in which you have earned a grade of "C" or higher.
  • Generally, an equivalent number of credit hours are given.
  • Remedial, audited, or non-credit courses do not transfer. This may include courses that apply credit towards graduation at the source institution, if they are determined to be equivalent to remedial courses at ISU.
  • College living, orientation, and study classes will transfer for credit if they received credit towards graduation at the source institution.
  • In some cases, credit may be transferable to the University and count toward graduation, but may not be applied toward completion of your intended major.
  • As much as 90 credit hours of total transfer credit will be accepted for transfer into a bachelor degree program; at least 30 credit hours must be completed through ISU to earn the bachelor degree.
  • Your grades (GPA) do not transfer except for the purpose of graduation honors.
  • If you transfer a bachelor degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, all of the University's Foundational Studies/General Education requirements will be waived.
  • Credit may be granted for military training and experience per these guidelines.
  • Credit earned from international institutions will be evaluated per these guidelines.

NOTE:  These are general guidelines. Upon admission, advisors will review your transcripts and determine which credit transfers and which courses will be included in your program of study.

Additional information can be found for the following:

Associate Degrees
General Education Core