ISU is committed to helping students graduate on time. The University provides various tools to help students track their progress toward graduation.
All undergraduate degree-seeking students use MySAM as their degree audit system and can access their degree audits online at any time. A degree audit is a record of degree requirements, including courses needed for the program of study (for example, major, minor) and Foundational Studies (general education) as well as University requirements such as grades, grade point average, credit hours earned, and transfer courses accepted. The audit displays the student's progress toward meeting each requirement and shows how ISU and transfer courses fulfill degree requirements.
Overview of MySAM Tools
- Degree Audit: The degree audit shows academic requirements, grades, GPA, and course history (unofficial transcript). It also shows how completed or transferred courses fulfill degree requirements.
- Plan of Study: Plans are term-by-term recommended sequences of courses. Students who follow the plan and successfully complete their coursework can expect to graduate in four years.
- GPA Calculators: There are three types of GPA calculators to help students assess their expected and desired grade point average.
- Notes: Advisors can leave recommendations, suggestions, and other advice in the notes section of the student's degree audit and/or plan of study.
Instructions for Accessing MySAM
- Go to portal.indstate.edu
- Log on to the MyISU portal using University username and password.
- Scroll down to My Degree Program
- Click on MySAM-My Student Academic Map (at the very bottom)
- Click the "Process New" button.
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the Catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time. The right to correct errors is also reserved.