Coordinated Program in Dietetics
Want more information? Complete a request for information
Why Dietetics at STATE?
Indiana State University, located in Terre Haute, Indiana, has the only fully accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics within an 85 mile radius, and it is 1 of only 2 in the state of Indiana.
- Learn in the classroom
- Immediately apply knowledge as they work with clients and patients in supervised practice sites
- Medium-sized institution with a small, high quality dietetics program
- Admits only 16 students per year
- Individualized attention and interaction between students and faculty
- Provides many opportunities for leadership and recognition
- Dietetics employment of ISU Coordinated Program alums is near 100%
- Admitted to begin junior year
- 1200+ clock hours of supervised practice experiences
- sequenced through the following 2 years
- Includes experiences in a wide range of food service, health care, and community facilities
- gives students an opportunity to decide, based on first-hand experience, which areas of dietetics interest them most
- One of only a few Coordinated Programs in the United States that offer the opportunity to complete the master's degree simultaneously with the dietetics program and its clinical requirements within 2 years after admission to the program if all prerequisites are met prior to admission to the program.
Graduate and Undergraduate students have an opportunity to learn from each other as they participate in the program together.
Want full time employment or part time employment to coordinate with family responsibilities? Dietetics can be the career for you.
- Dietetics is a rapidly growing field with many diverse career opportunities for the professional interested in food and nutrition.
- An individual wanting to become a Registered Dietitian (RD) must complete an accredited 4 year academic program and supervised practice experience before taking the national registration examination.
- The Coordinated Program in Dietetics includes both the academic (didactic) and supervised practice experiences within a 2 year period.
- With a Coordinated Program, there is no worry about completing course work and then not being accepted for a dietetic internship. It all comes as one package!