You are here
Transfer Orientation is virtual. During the orientation process, students will gain useful insights about their academic major, meet with an advisor to finalize their class schedule for first semester courses, and learn about campus resources. All transfer students are required to complete their Online Orientation modules before meeting with an advisor and scheduling classes.
To complete Transfer State Orientation
1. Activate your Sycamore Login via the MyISU Student Portal.
- Your University ID Number can be found on your Letter of Admission.
- Forgot your password? Use the Reset Password option on the MyISU Portal login page.
2. Confirm your enrollment and access your Orientation Modules in your New Student Dashboard.
All Transfer students, on-campus and distance, will complete Online Orientation. For students entering in summer and fall, Online Orientation will be available beginning in March. For students entering in spring, Online Orientation will be available beginning in September.
- We encourage your to log into your New Student Dashboard on a regular basis, as this is where you can view complete and incomplete items in your checklist of things to do before State Orientation.
- Your official form of communication with the University. Check it often!
- You can login to view it through your MyISU Portal or from the Indiana Sate homepage.
- We encourage you to check your Sycamore Email on a regular basis. The best way to do this is by adding your Sycamore email account to your phone. You can also access it by logging into your MyISU Portal and selecting the "Student Email" badge. Your Sycamore email is the official form of communication between you and the university, and all future information about State Orientation will be sent only to your Sycamore email.
Other Important Items
Step 1: Take Math Placement
Please note: This is required for all new students and will not be offered during the program. Students who have not taken their Math Placement prior will be placed in the lowest math course.
Step 2: Confirm your Housing Intention in your MyISU Portal. This is required for ALL students.
- Go to the ISU Housing Portal link in your MyISU portal to finish your process.
- Pick your housing community and select your roommate.
- If you are not planning to live on campus, you will still need to complete the intention and inform Residential Life of your plans to live off campus. You may do this by completeing the Housing Exemption process. Please email ResLife@indstate.edu with any questions you may have.
- You will choose your meal plan when completeing your Housing Intention. All on-campus students are required to have a meal plan. Commuter students can choose a commuter meal plan, if desired.
Step 3: Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (ISU code 001807). The Office of Financial Aid can assist with any questions.
- Apply for veterans benefits with Veterans Services.
- You can schedule a separate in-person or virtual appointment with the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Step 4: Arrange Accommodations by contacting the Accessibility Resource Office for academic and housing support.
Transfer State Orientation
Transfer State Orientation
All transfer students must complete the Online Orientation modules found in their MyISU Portal. Transfer students will meet with an academic advisor to register for classes only after completion of their modules. All information regarding State Orientation for Transfer students will be sent to their Sycamore email.
- All transfer students will attend an online orientation session.
- All International students will attend a two-day State Orientation program in either January (spring start) or August (fall start). For step-by-step instructions, visit International Students.
- Check your University email for important information. All communication regarding State Orientation will only be sent to your Sycamore email. To help you stay connected, we have an email setup guide that can help you with putting your email on your phone so you don't miss a thing.
- Access and read your Transfer Degree Audit.
After Completing State Transfer Orientation
Before arriving on campus, all students must complete the following
Submit required documents:
Review your financial aid offer and accept package:
- If chosen for financial aid verification, make sure to submit all documentation.
- Contact the Financial Aid office about questions regarding your offer.
- Contact the Bursar's Office for questions regarding how to pay your bill or setting up a payment plan.
Order your textbooks:
- You can order textbooks online through the Barnes & Noble ISU Bookstore. Choose the "Textbooks" link at the top of the page and use your class schedule to enter your department (ex. ENG), course number (ex. 101), and section number (ex. 001).
Complete these additional items:
- Purchase a Parking Permit online and save $15!
- Make sure you have a laptop.