Nominations for each of the awards are accepted yearly with the deadline for nominations posted in the Calendar of Key Activities.The award recipients are recognized during spring commencement ceremonies and at the Faculty Recognition Banquet. Pictures of current recipients are displayed on the third floor of the Cunningham Memorial Library.
The Caleb Mills Distinguished Teaching Award is the university's recognition of our most distinguished teachers. Excellence in teaching is the criterion that will be considered in making the awards.
- Full-time faculty, students, alumni, or administrators may make nominations for this award.
- To be selected as a candidate the nominee must be a full-time tenured faculty member who is teaching a minimum of 16 semester or 24 contact hours at ISU during the preceding summer, fall, and spring semesters of the current academic year.
- The Caleb Mills Distinguished Award Selection Committee, selected by the university president and chaired by the non-voting provost and vice president for academic affairs, will make the selection of the four Caleb Mills Award winners.
- A maximum of four awards may be presented at the spring commencement ceremony.
Community-Based Learning and Scholarship Awards
Faculty Distinguished Service Awards
The Faculty Distinguished Service Award recognizes distinguished service outside the classroom to the university, students, professional organizations, and the community. Excellence in, intensity of, long-term commitment to, and tangible evidence of the impact of service are the criteria considered in the selection of the awards.
Eligibility: To be selected as a candidate the nominee must be a tenured faculty member who has demonstrated service while at Indiana State University in the form of: membership in faculty government at the college, school, or university level; membership on committees within the university; service to student organizations; service to professional organizations; and service to community groups.
- Full-time faculty, students, alumni, administrators, or citizens of the Wabash Valley may make nominations for this award.
, selected by the university president and chaired by the non-voting provost and vice president for academic affairs, will make final selection. The committee may solicit further evidence from others who are aware of the nominee's service. A maximum of two awards may be presented at spring commencement.
The Theodore Dreiser Distinguished Research/Creativity Award recognizes work substantially completed at Indiana State University by regular, full-time members of the university faculty who have made outstanding contributions to their disciplines. Work completed to satisfy advanced degree requirements is not eligible for consideration. As many as two awards selected by the
, consisting of a monetary award and a plaque, may be given each year. Faculty members who have previously received the award are ineligible for consideration for a four-year period.
Faculty are encouraged to nominate eligible colleagues. Self-nominations will also be accepted. Nomination forms are available from and should be returned to the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, Tirey Hall, room 183. Please direct any questions regarding this award to 812- 237-3089.
Rankin Hall 200
Indiana State University
Fax: (812) 237-3607