You are here
MULTIDISCIPLINARY STUDIES MAJOR
Academic Advisor: Tina.Krugernewsham@indstate.edu HH 291 X2713
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree (120 semester hours)
Admission to the Multidisciplinary studies major is granted to all new freshmen admitted to the University unconditionally and to transfer students and continuing students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of no less than 2.5 in all prior undergraduate course work.
Concentration (42 credit hours minimum):
Majors submit a “Concentration Proposal” to the coordinator of the Multidisciplinary Studies Program no later than the end of the semester after admission to the program. If approved by the program faculty, the student may proceed with the curriculum. Once approved, the proposal constitutes the program of study for the major; any subsequent changes in the concentration proceed through the standard petition and review process.
- Majors complete a special configuration of courses totaling no less than 42 credits;
- A maximum of 24 credits of course work may be completed from a specific discipline;
- Majors must earn a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in the concentration.
(MST) Multidisciplinary Studies Courses:
- MST 101 - Special Topics (3 credits)
- MST 301 - Special Topics (3 credits)
- MST 401 - Designated Concentration in MST (3 credits)
MULTIDISCIPLINARY STUDIES MINOR
The Multidisciplinary Studies minor allows students to pursue a coherent, multidisciplinary course of study not duplicated by any existing ISU minor. It encourages students to engage in focused exploration of related disciplines in their areas of interest or in fields which complement their declared major. Students may design their own minor or, when available, select from multidisciplinary minors already developed by faculty.
Required Course (3 credits):
- MST 401 - Seminar in Multidisciplinary Studies 1-3 credits
- Elective Courses (18 credits):
Students submit a proposal to the intake adviser for Multidisciplinary Studies, which will be approved by a vote of the faculty in Multidisciplinary Studies. Once the proposal is approved, those courses constitute the approved list for the minor. Votes take place once per semester, in November for the fall and in March for the spring.
- At least 9 of the 18 hours must come from the College of Arts and Sciences.
- At least 12 of the 18 hours must be at the 300 level or above.
- A maximum of 9 hours can come from any one discipline.