Staff Council Awards
Sycamore Staff Award
Each year, since 2008, the ISU Staff Council awards the "Sycamore Staff Award" to a Staff employee who contributes to the overall mission and success of Indiana State University. Scroll down to see the following items:
Nominate deadline is May 7th so click Sycamore Staff Award and nominate someone today!
Debbie Nelson Staff Council Spirit Award
The Debbie Nelson Staff Council Spirit Award will recognize an outstanding Council member. This award was established in honor of Debbie Nelson, former chair of Staff Council and a key participant in creating the Staff Council at ISU, for her leadership and contributions to Staff Council. Scroll down to see the following items:
Nominate deadline is May 7th so click Debbie Nelson Staff Council Spirit Award and nominate someone today!
Sycamore Staff Award Winners
2020 Winner: Rhonda Reed, College of Health and Human Services
Watch the video of the award here: https://www.facebook.com/182312375164718/videos/257839358639282
2019 Winner: Debbie Considine, Cunningham Memorial Library
2018 Winner: Aaron Slocum, Center for Student Success
Hall of Fame
- 2017 - Nancy Hall, College of Arts and Sciences
- 2016 - Michelle Lewis, Hulman Memorial Student Union
- 2015 - Beverly Grubb, Cunningham Memorial Library
- 2014 - Susie McNeely, Residential Life
- 2013 - Angie Lansing, Athletics
- 2012 - (tie) Pamela Chamberlain, Business Engagement & Theresa Ortega, Rec Center
- 2011 - Martha Reed, Career Center
- 2010 - Debbie Woolard, Facilities Management
- 2009 - Alvin Stinnett
- 2008 - Roxanne Torrence, College of Arts and Sciences
Sycamore Staff Award Nomination Guidelines
1. Must be part-time or full-time benefits eligible staff (excludes faculty & Students)
2. Employed at Indiana State University for at least one (1) year
3. If the person has one the this award previously, they are ineligible for a 3 year period following their win
4. Attitude - demonstrates an outstanding personal and professional interaction with co-workers, faculty, students, and visitors of ISU
5. Service - provides a continual demonstration of outstanding service in all their activities and responsibilities within their department, within the University community, and the Community at large
6. Engagement - provides outstanding resourcefulness, innovation, and creativity in all their activities and responsibilities within their department, within the University community, and the Community at large
7. Contribution - contributes to and supports the Council by their attitude, service, and engagement. (but does NOT have to be on the Council).
8. This award excludes current members of Staff Council.
Debbie Nelson Staff Council Spirit Award Winners
2020 Winner: Alisha Moorhead, Cunningham Memorial Library
Watch the video of the award here: https://www.facebook.com/182312375164718/videos/346260153180517
|2019 Winner: Rhonda Beecroft, Cunningham Memorial Library|
|2018 Winner: Melissa Chase, Extended Learning|
Hall of Fame
- 2017 - Susan Crist, College of Health & Human Services
- 2016 - Barry Overpeck - Office of the Controller
- 2015 - Audré Brickey, Financial Aid
Debbie Nelson Staff Council Spirit Award Nomination Guidelines
1. Current ISU Staff Council Representative
2. Shows great dedication to serving his or her fellow staff through committee work, leadership roles, or general membership.
3. Has gone above and beyond the responsibilities of Staff Council membership to serve members of the campus community and improve the experience of their constituents.
4. Shows active interest in both general meetings and committee assignments.