You are here
Adult Student Grant
The Adult Student Grant provides assistance to independent students who want to begin or complete an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or certificate. This grant is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of working adults.
The student must:
- Have submitted a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Indiana State University (school code is 001807) must be listed on the students FAFSA;
- Be an Indiana resident;
- Be considered an Independent student;
- Have completed an application in ScholarTrack;
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 2000 or lower;
- Be enrolled at least half time before the last day of the term to receive State Aid;
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
The amount varies from $750 - $2000 based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the FAFSA.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for all consecutive years, skipping a year is permissible.
- Complete an Adult Student Grant application each year in ScholarTrack.
- IMPORTANT: Indiana Commission for Higher Education (ICHE) requires that students meet the following credit completion standard to receive their On-Time award:
- Earn 18 completed credit hours per academic year;
Notification and Disbursement
If eligible, the Adult Student Grant will be listed on the student's award notification as well as posted to the MyISU Portal account. Funds are applied directly to the student's account approximately nine days before the start of the applicable semester. Students can check their eligibility for state awards on their ScholarTrack account.