You are here
Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship
The Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship is an educational benefit for students who graduate from a publicly supported high school at least one year early, after December 31, 2010.
IMPORTANT: The Mitch Daniels Scholarship rosters are typically not available until November after a student's first term in college.
- Complete the online Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship Application by September of your High School Senior year;
- Have submitted a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Indiana State University (school code is 001807) must be listed on the students FAFSA;
- Must be an Indiana resident and a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- Attended a publicly supported high school on a full-time equivalency basis for at least the last two semesters before the student graduated;
- Had legal settlement in Indiana for at least the last two semesters before the student graduated;
- Met at least the minimum requirements for granting a high school diploma by the end of grade 11, including any summer courses completed by July 1 of the year of graduation;
- Was not enrolled in a publicly supported high school for any part of grade 12; of the fourth year (12);
- Within five months of graduating from high school becomes a student in good standing taking classes at a SFA approved college in a program leading to an approved postsecondary degree or credential.
Students with a General Diploma who graduate early are not considered eligible for this scholarship. These students have chosen to "opt out" of the minimum graduation requirements of Core 40. By graduating early, the students are choosing not to exhaust all other options to meet Core 40 diploma scholarship criteria. Student applications for this scholarship must pass the Algebra I and English 10 End of Course assessments.
This one-time scholarship pays $4,000 for the Fall semester. The scholarship may not be used for remedial course work.
220 North Seventh Street
150 Tirey Hall
Indiana State University
Current Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Current Phone Hours
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.