You are here
Most federal student aid programs require students to meet certain eligibility standards listed below.
Basic Aid Eligibility Rules:
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be admitted and enrolled in a program that leads to an associate, baccalaureate, master's, or doctorate degree.
Note: If the student is required to take preparatory coursework for admission into a graduate or undergraduate program at ISU, the student may be eligible for a Federal Stafford Loan. If the student is seeking a first-time teaching certificate, the student may be eligible for a Federal Stafford Loan.
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Be registered with the Selective Service.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
Ineligible Citizenship Categories:
- Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I - 464A).
- F1 or F2 Student Visas.
- J1 or J2 Exchange Visitor Visas.
- G Series Visas.
- International students.
- Undocumented students.