Student Rec Center
SRC (Student Recreation Center)
Dedicated July 10, 2009
The new SRC has a great number of amenities for students, staff and faculty use, including:
- Three-court gymnasium for basketball, volleyball, and badminton
- Natatorium, consisting of a lap pool, leisure pool, 22-person spa, and water volleyball and basketball
- "Wet" classroom for aquatic programs such as lifeguarding and special programs
- Fitness center outfitted with cardio and strength-training equipment
- Additional "Satellite" fitness area
- Cycling room, for instructor-led classes
- Elevated walking/jogging track
- Multi-purpose activity studios, suitable for aerobics, martial arts and fitness classes
- Multi-Activity Court (MAC) designed for indoor soccer, floor hockey, and other activities
- Administrative offices for the Office of Campus Recreation
- Juice bar, for healthy snacks and lounge area; wireless connectivity throughout
- Locker facilities and equipment rooms
- Massage therapy room
- Health assessments and personal training available
- Added in October 2010: new SAUNA!
- Take a video tour through the new Student Rec Center!
- Interior photos of the SRC (Student Rec Center)
Square footage: 109,450
Total cost: $21.7 Million No state funding was used to construct the facility. Private fundraising contributed $6.5 million of the facility's cost while the remainder was paid through student fees.
Policy for use of SRC by Athletic groups
Student Recreational Center Hours
Please see full facility information on our Hours page.
View SRC Building Map