You are here
Technology Student Leadership Council
The Technology Student Leadership Council (TSLC) is a student organization in the ISU Bailey College of Engineering and Technology. The TSLC gives participating members an opportunity to build leadership skills while serving in an advisory capacity for the COT.
- Provides input on services directly related to students, such as career services, outreach to employers and community, marketing, social networking, and experimental learning projects.
- Plans student events such as Tech Fest, operating the Tech Express Cafe, and initiating other COT student activities. Representing the perspectives of our technology students, the student council is intended to help COT faculty and staff better address the needs of students.
The anticipated time commitment for members averages about 5-10 hours per month.
TSLC meetings are on Tuesdays at 5:30, with the full Council meeting on the 1st Tuesdays and various committees meeting Tuesdays as determined by the group.
The COT Student Leadership Council is selected based on responses provided in this application and references from Bailey College of Engineering and Technology faculty and staff. We seek a diverse group representing different majors, ages, academic standing, and areas of interest. The TSLC is represented by an executive committee that includes a president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary, and manager of the Tech Express Cafe.
Officers of the 2015-16 Technology Student Leadership Council:
- President: Benjamin Baumgart, Computer Engineering Technology
- Vice-president: Jacob Warrick, Automation & Control Engineering Technology
- Treasurer: Alyssa Wozniak, Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Secretary: Aleyda Flores, Computer Engineering Technology
- Marketing: Zach Payne, Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Student Liaison: Open
Tech Express Cafe Management Team 2015-16:
- Cafe Manager: Leeah Cooper, Human & Resource Development
- Finance Manager: Clayborn Williams, Business Finance
- Marketing Manager: Zach Payne, Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Staffing and Training Manager: Jacoby Scherrell, Human Development & Family Studies
- Merchandising and Inventory Manager: Lauren Jones, Textile & Merchandising